Frequently Asked Questions
This is a series of frequently asked questions by members and people interested in finding out more about PLAN.
Can’t find an answer?
Ask your own question! Just click the button below and fill in the form provided
- Download the registration bundle (individual or corporate) or request the forms from [email protected]
- Read the introduction letter.
- Fill the form and attach the required documentation (as listed in the Requirements Checklist) and send to [email protected]
- On confirmation that your documentation is complete, you will be given a temporary Member ID and be directed make payment.
- On confirmation of your payment you will be sent a verification e-mail (Typically 24 – 48hrs). Within 3 – 5 working days you will your membership certificate, member ID and member access to the website
Improved Professionalism in Pipeline Management
- Reduce Pipeline Problem
- Lower Pipeline Downtime.
Shared Knowledge with other Professionals
- Applied best practices to pipeline Management
- Learning from and avoiding the mistakes of other OPCC, IOCs, Pipeline Integrity forum/network
- Impact Regulatory decisions regarding Pipelines
- Improved Professionalism
- Relevant Laws (Input to Regulatory Laws)
Training of Local Pipeline Professionals
- Reduce problems from human errors
- Improved uptime for pipelines
Security/Oil Spill/Loss of Containment
- Reduction in Social and Integrity punctures/ruptures
- HSE Implications
- To promote the positive perception and appreciation of the importance of pipelines and create awareness among members of public on harmful effects of pipeline vandalism.
- To provide information professional advice and support on all pipelines issues to government and other Agencies.
- To stimulate and improve local expertise in the pipeline discipline.
- To facilitate the sharing of experiences and best practices among pipelines operators, service providers, regulators and any professional in the pipeline industry.
- To encourage improvement in design, construction, integrity management, security, reliability and flow assurance of pipelines.
- To provide an Association through which training and skill development can be made available.
- Professional body that advises and provides useful information to aid the formulation of rules, regulations and policy.
- Provision of a ready forum through which to reach key players in the industry.
- To learn of new technologies as soon as they become available.
- To promote the visibility and transparency and input of pipeline to public safety, economic growth and local government development.
PLAN account information is as follows
Bank: United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Account No: 1005978884
Account Name: Pipeline Professionals Association of Nigeria
It’s a straightforward process. But to make it even easier, we’ve provided a simple 4 minute video to guide you through the process. Either go to How to register for an event with Eventbrite or our YouTube channel
Papers are always gladly received, whether we have events scheduled or not. Simply send a synopsis of your paper using the form on the Submit a Proposal link http://localhost/projects/planng/events-page/call-for-papers/submit-a-technical-proposal/. An article has been posted on the site giving you a cursory view of what is required for technical papers. Read Post here http://localhost/projects/planng/guidelines-for-papers/
Our visiting days are:
1. TUESDAYS 10.00am-11.45am and 1pm-4pm
2. WEDNESDAYS 10.00am-11.45am and 1pm-4pm
3. FRIDAYS 10.00am-12 noon
You can but it will cost you more! Pre-registration works better for all parties. By registering and paying online for our events you get a certificate of participation, seat allocation, express check-in etc included in the cost of your ticket. If you register at the venue you will pay a premium rate for entry and a surcharge of 2,500.00 for printing of a certificate of participation. In all things priority will be given to pre-registered attendees.
NO! Anyone seeking to attend must register independently.
If you have one all you need is your current PLAN ID card. If not, a VALID company/school ID card and your complimentary card (if applicable) will suffice. Minimum age for entry is thirteen (13) years old.
No, it isn’t. The name on the ticket must tally with the name on presented identification
Not really! If you have an internet enabled Smart phone, simply present your e-Ticket at the check-in point for scanning. If not bring along your ticket.
Can I udpdate my member registration details
Yes you may, just download the registration form again, fill it and send it back to us with the subject “Member Info Update: REF [Your_member_ID]”.
You can download the form here http://localhost/projects/planng/downloads/individual-registration-download/
Corporate members: http://localhost/projects/planng/downloads/corporate-registration-download/
If your booking is via our Eventbrite page then the answer is yes. Just open the link contained in your e-ticket, log in and make the required changes to your booking
Yes. PLAN organizes technical sessions, seminars and conferences that provide career development opportunities for our members. In terms of training we affiliate with companies to provide subsidized training for our members.
Our office is open five days a week, but our visiting days are Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Other days are by appointment
No we don’t do teach welding, we are an association of pipeline professionals. That said certified welders are eligible to join
PLAN is not a recruitment agency. PLAN does not hire, or place people. On rare occasions, our member companies may choose to post a vacancy through our platform, but hiring from our members is at their sole discretion
We have four working groups set up to develop guidelines, manuals of practice, workshops, conferences etc. They are:
- Technical Working Group
- Training and Development Working Group
- Regulatory Working Group
- Security of Pipelines/Oil Spill Working Group
Not directly. PLAN facilitates subsidized training for our members, through our affiliation with Gennesaret Resources Nigeria Limited (GRNL). Discounts of upto 15% are given, and we are working on ways to further ease the burden of finding cost-effective training for our members.
You can call our office 8:00am to 5:00pm weekdays.
The mission of PLAN is as follows:
- to promote pipeline issues and ensure safe installation and operation practices.
- to be known as a centre of pipeline excellence throughout the region.
- to promote, where feasible, local content in all pipeline matters.
The Association is known as PLAN rather than PPAN because the other name was taken, so we went with PipeLine Professionals Association of Nigeria
Pipeline Professionals’ Association of Nigeria is a non-profit making Professional body that promotes knowledge, professionalism and efficiency in the management of pipelines and front-end activities regarding pipeline management and development in Nigeria.
Yes, we have working committees set up to develop guidelines, manuals of practice, workshops, conferences etc
At the moment no. However in future we will most likely have various categorizations of our individual membership
Yes! Although a majority of our members are engineers and pipeline specialists, PLAN is an open association for one very simple reason. All of us are pipeline stakeholders, therefore all of us should be knowledgeable, educated and advocates on matters concerning pipeline infrastructure, integrity and security
As an individual member you DO NOT require any form of license or certificate as a prequalification to be a member. HOWEVER, any certificate, license or membership you allude to in your registration process must be substantiated.
Any company registering for membership DOES require a form of certification. All businesses require a CAC registration certificate. If a company is a training facility and offers HSE certification they must include a copy of their ISPON certification/accreditation.
As with the individual, any accreditation or certification alluded to, must be substantiated
It usually doesn’t take long pending when payment of registration fees and dues are made. Usually 3-5 working days.
PLAN has different categories of membership and each has its own rate.
- Oil and Gas Producers – ₦500000
- Service Companies (Multinationals) – ₦250000
- Service Companies (Nigerian) – ₦100000
- NGOs (Corporate) – ₦100000
- Honorary Members (Organizations) – ₦250000
- Honorary Members (Individuals) – ₦10000
- Individuals – ₦5000
- Students – ₦2500
Please note: For individual categories, there is a ₦2000.00 administrative fee, while for corporate categories there is a ₦25000.00 fee. However this is only for new members.
You can contribute to the Association by:
- Paying the required dues as at when due, as this is what keeps the association afloat.
- Introducing new members into the Association.
- Volunteering to contribute articles, case studies, presentations and time to the Association
- Engaging on our social media profiles (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter etc) and sharing, retweeting, liking and commenting, and inviting your friends and colleagues to follow us there.
- Subscribing to our newsletter
Yes! A company can register with PLAN. Our membership is opened to different Categories of firms.
- Oil and Gas Producers
- Regulatory Authorities
- Service Companies (Multinationals)
- Service Companies (Nationals)
- Honorary Members (Financial Institutions)
- Honorary Members (NFP/NGO)
Go to Member Types to find out more.
- Networking opportunities
- Industry specific knowledge/news
- Subsidized training
- Exposure to new technologies
- Free CV posting
- Job boards etc
- Free marketing
- Subsidized employee/staff registration
- Free job posting
- Candidate shortlisting/pre-screening
- Letters of verification (Embassies, DPR etc)
- Subsidized exhibition rates etc
On average PLAN members will attend three (3) to four (4) events a year.
PLAN organizes one annual activity, our Annual General Meeting.
That said PLAN member chapters organize technical sessions on their own schedule, as well as one quarterly General Technical session to which they invite the other chapters.
The events will be posted on the site as well as means of registering for the event.
From time to time, member organizations collaborate with PLAN to organize activities and invite PLAN membership to attend, such activities will be broadcast through our platforms.
Membership is valid for a calendar year. That is, from Jan 1st to Dec 31st. If by the end of the first quarter of each new year (31st March) you have not renewed your membership it is taken that you are indebted to the association
PLAN events are typically free for members to attend, as our events are usually sponsored by our corporate members.
When an event is a paid one, entry is usually discounted for PLAN members, anything from 10% – 50%. However factors such as venue, membership status, duration level of sponsorship etc will determine that.
Average/typical costs for members are as follows
- AGM – ₦10,000.00 – ₦25,000.00 (Lunch, two (2) coffee breaks etc included)
- Technical Sessions – ₦5,000.00 or as determined by the chapter
- Topical Luncheons – ₦5,000.00 (Lunch inclusive)
- General Technical sessions – ₦5,000.00 – ₦10,000.00 (Lunch, coffee breaks included)
- Other events (International conferences etc) – ₦20,000.00 – ₦30,000.00
On average four (4) to six (6) hours per event, although some of our events span two (2) days.
There is no reason members of the same family cannot register as PLAN members. That said each person will have to register independently and separately
Yes. PLAN Headquarter is located atPlot 149 Trans Amadi Industrial Layout Opposite Michelin,
by Rochi Transport,
BG Technical Premises,
Port Harcourt, Rivers State, Nigeria