What Guides Us....
Mission & Objectives
PLAN’s Mission is:
- To make pipeline issues visible to all stakeholders and thus to ensure safe installation and operating practices
- To be known as a center of excellence throughout the region
- To promote local content in all pipeline matters where feasible
PLAN’s Objective is:
The representation of its members where this may benefit the members and making known the interest of its members as widely and as clearly as possible.
The members’ interests, are not exclusively:
- To promote the positive perception and appreciation of the importance of pipelines and create awareness among members of the public on harmful effects of pipeline vandalism.
- To provide information and professional advice and support on all pipelines issues to government and other agencies.
- To stimulate and improve local expertise in the pipeline discipline.
- To facilitate the sharing of experiences and best practices among pipeline operators, service providers, regulators and any professional in the pipeline industry.
- To encourage improvement in design, construction, integrity management, security, reliability and flow assurance of pipelines.
- To provide an Association through which training and skill development can be made available.
Activities & Working Groups
Activities of the Association
The association engages in numerous activities annually to help in the fulfilment of our stated mission and vision for the Pipeline (and by extention the Oil and Gas) sector
- International Conference on Pipelines
- Trainings (to be given by International Training Institute)
- Symposium on Pipeline Regulations
- Technical Sessions (at least once every quarter of the year)
- The Management Committee of the Association meets once every month
- Annual General Meetings once every year
The following Working Groups are established –
- Training Working Group
- Technical Working Group
- Regulatory Working Group
- Security of Pipelines/Oil Spill Working Group