In the Beginning...
The Kick-Off meeting for PLAN (then known as THE PIPELINE FORUM) was held in the offices of S.P.D.C. on Friday the 18th of November, 2005. The premiere meeting was attended by 17 individuals who formed the Set-Up Committee of the Association.
The meeting was opened by Geoff Onuoha with a background of the vision of Wim Vranckx and himself to start an association that brings together ALL pipeline professionals across the board, to meet one another, exchange ideas, share expertise and grow knowledge towards more effective and professional management of pipelines in Nigeria.
The following were nominated and elected unopposed as officials of the set-up committee.
- Wim Vranckx -Chairman
- Geoff Onuoha Vice Chairman
- Stewart Logan - Secretary
- Abraham Atotse- Co-Secretary
Vim Vranckx chaired the rest of the meeting. The general objectives of the association were unanimously supported by a show of hands by all present. All attendees also accepted to serve as members of the set-up committee.
Tuesday 13th December was proposed and agreed by all as the date for the inaugural meeting of the association. The venue was set for Port Harcourt, after close of work on that day.
Key Dates in PLAN History
The Association was formally inaugurated
PLAN was incorporated
PLAN held her first AGM
The first Technical session held in Port Harcourt
High Level meeting between PLAN Executives and the National Security Adviser (NSA)
Unveiling of the PLAN operational vehicle
First set of recipients were given the Certificate of Distinguished Achievement Award for their contribution to the development and sustenance of knowledge in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry
- Siene Allwell-BrownÂ Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â NLNG
- Chima IbenecheÂ Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â NLNG
- Abbi AbbiyeSuku
- Basil OmiyiÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â SPDC
- Ebi OmatsolaÂ Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â Conoil
- Chief O. B. Lulu BriggsÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â Moni Pulo Petroleum Ltd
- Mutiu SunmonuÂ Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â SPDC
- Emmanuel EgbogahÂ Â Â -Â Â Â Special Adviser on Petroleum
- Guy MauriceÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â TOTAL E & P Petroleum
- Roger PoirierÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â TOTAL E & P Petroleum
- Vance QuerioÂ Â Â Â Â Â -Â Â Â Addax Petroleum